Membership Enquiries & Applications.
Please contact Richard Gallier (Club Secretary) please click here for our current membership categories.
Please click here for our current Membership Guide
Please click here for our current Application Form
- No joining fee; 7 day, 5 day, CASC, 2nd Club, Business & new Lifestyle membership options
- No tee reservations; Turn up & tee up, play when you want with whom you want.
- Superb mature course; No winter greens, continual course & machinery investment.
- Full calendar of qualifiers, match play knockouts, WGC Open, Shropshire Challenge Bowl & inter-club matches.
- Allocation & maintenance of official CONGU handicap.
- Social golf; 9, 11 & 15 hole loops. ‘Away days’ & golf tours.
- Fun team golf; Winter Swing & Spring Swing events – shotguns, Texas scrambles, par 3 comps & XC comps.
- Welcoming groups; Seniors, Wednesday Boys, Friday Fiddle, the Monkey, Tuesday Evening 11.
- Seniors; Full competition calendar, WGC Seniors Open, inter-club matches.
- Ladies; Tuesday AM tee reservation, full competition calendar & interclub matches. Mixed competitions & matches.
- Juniors; Full competition calendar, inter-club matches, GolfMark accreditation achieved.
- Professionals; Graham Davison (PGA – Tuition) Jamie Brittain (PGA – Tuition) Will Enefer (EuroProTour- Touring).
- 1905 Club Membership; Courtesy green fees with clubs in the UK. For 1905 Clubs click here
- Preferential rates; Discounted guest green fees & buggy hire.
- Member’s Incentives; Member get Member, Green fee incentive scheme.
- Private buggy & trolley storage, Clubhouse lockers.
- Excellent practice ground c/w bunkers & putting green.
- New Club retail shop within Golf Reception, monthly Members offers.
- Member’s Evenings; Rules Nights, Course Forums, exclusive evenings at American Golf.
- New Club website, new live leaderboard, Club diary, Monthly Newsletters, ‘Owen Daley’100 Club.
- Refurbished Clubhouse; 15% off drinks, free Clubhouse hire, full social calendar.
Wrekin Golf Club is a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC registration pending) and is open to all of the local community including people on low income. People wishing to take advantage of a reduced priced membership under the government sponsored CASC scheme will be able to take advantage of a reduced membership fee of £500 pa including affiliation fees. Applicants will be asked to demonstrate that the full cost of membership will not be affordable to them. This category of membership is open to new members and existing members whose circumstances may have changed. Golf equipment can be provided upon request. CASC members will be able to play the course on 4 days each week Sunday to Wednesday and will be able to play in all competitions on those days. They will also be entitled to full voting rights. For Full Details and to request an information pack, please contact Club Secretary Richard Gallier.
Members can play in a range of qualifying competitions in both medal & stableford formats plus foursomes & greensomes competitions. Competitions are played at weekends & also during mid-week. Informal team competitions are played during the Winter & Spring months which consist of Texas scrambles, par 3 comps, XC format, 3 clubs & putter, etc. The Club also enters S&HUGC County team competitions & play regular friendly matches both home & away.
Wrekin Golf Club has an extremely active Seniors Section which started life in 1982 as “The Vets”. Those members aged over 60 are most welcome to join & we now have 90 members. The Seniors usually play on Monday & Thursdays mornings with medal & stableford competitions played over 15 holes, playing holes 1 to 14 & the 18th. All Seniors start with a handicap of 5/6 of their Club handicap.
Wrekin Golf Club has an active Ladies Section who play regular competitions & team events. Tuesday is the main ladies competition day with some events taking place on Thursdays & at weekends. The Ladies Section play SLCGA County competitions & friendly matches.
Wrekin Golf Club takes safeguarding Juniors very seriously & has adopted the ‘England Golf Safe Golf Policy – To view our policy (updated March 2021) please Click here
To download the Junior Profile and Parental Consent Form please Click here
Any queries regarding the Wrekin Golf Club Junior Section should be addressed to Jason Warren (Junior Organiser)
Club Welfare Officer – any queries please contact Rod Lake
Safeguarding of Adults
Wrekin Golf Club Adults – Safeguarding Policy Procedures