In the interests of maintaining reasonable standards and understanding modern requirements, Wrekin Golf Club would request that Members, Guests and Visitors respect the following Dress Code to save embarrassment for all concerned.
On the Course
A good standard of golfing dress must be adhered to on the Golf Course.
- Recognised Golf Shoes (Soft-spikes preferred) must be worn.
- Golf shoes should be changed in the respective changing rooms and NOT on the car park.
- Trousers and Shorts must be of the tailored variety (NO Denim Jeans, Cargo Pants, Combat Trousers, Sports Shorts, Swimming Shorts or Cut-offs) and Shorts must be worn with knee length socks or sport socks which should be predominantly one colour.
- Recognised Golf Shirts or Shirts with collars (NO Football, Rugby or Shirts with indiscreet slogans or logos) must be worn. Shirts should be worn inside Trousers or Shorts.
- Golf Caps and Headwear may only be worn with the peak to the front, and must be removed before entering the Clubhouse.
In the Clubhouse
A good standard of Smart Casual dress must be worn in the Clubhouse. For social events, dinners and prize giving – unless the notice advertising the event says differently men must wear a jacket and tie.
- Modern Casual Shoes are permitted including Sandals, Loafers and Deck Shoes (NO Flip-flops)
- Smart Shirts designed to be worn outside Trousers, Shorts or Skirts are permitted.
- All clothing must be clean and not faded, torn or soiled.
Rain Gear and Golf Shoes worn on the course are not permitted in the main lounge.
The following items are NOT acceptable on the Golf Course or in the Clubhouse
- Tracksuits or Shell suits
- Rugby/Football Shirts or Shorts
- Combat and Camouflage Trousers
Social Events & Private Events
Dress Code as indicated on the event notice.
Mobile Phones may be taken onto the Golf Course for Emergencies only and must be in Silent Mode. Mobile Phones may NOT be used for telephone conversations in the Clubhouse but calls may be made or taken in the Car Park or on the Clubhouse Balcony.
The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to the Course or Clubhouse if individuals are not able to comply with our Dress Code, club rules, normal courtesies and the rules of golf.
If you witness someone not suitably attired, please inform a Member of Staff or Officer of the Club and do not approach the individual yourself.